Use the Blackboard app on your PC. Quickly view updates to your courses and content. Take assignments and tests. View grades for courses, assignments and tests
What is the Blackboard PC app?
Blackboard for PC (previously the Blackboard Learning Management System) is a virtual learning environment and learning management system developed by Blackboard Inc. It is Web-based server software that features course management, customizable open architecture, and scalable design that allows integration with student information systems and authentication protocols.
Users can access it over WiFi or any cell network, so long as they are on Android or iOS. The trade-off is that they now have to make an in-app purchase before using the app ($1.99 for one year or $5.99 for “unlimited” access).
While Dropbox integration is a welcome addition to the BBML app, it does little to improve the functionality needed by students and instructors alike. The past two years since the app’s introduction have seen some stylized changes and the addition of a mobile test creation tool, leaving many of the major tools with Blackboard for Windows app
A great example for students would be the lack of an option to submit an assignment. While integration between tools like Dropbox might put developers closer to making this option a reality. Students already utilize iPads and Android devices to create and edit assignments. Instructors lack the ability to access the Grade Center using the BBML, an issue that our institution would like to see resolved soon. Too many features are missing from the app, and too many employ the standard Blackboard interface without modification.
Blackboard for PC app has many features. Here are some of its key ones.
Blackboard App – The Blackboard PC App empowers learners to access their courses while on the go. They can participate in real-time virtual classes and discussions, take assessments and get assignments, notes and reminders with the notification-based system. The app is available on Apple and Android devices.
Blackboard Analytics – With this feature, administrators and learners can measure their performance in a specific class or program. Learners can access their student-facing dashboard to track their activity in comparison with their peers. Administrators can filter and drill down into their data on specific metrics like students at-risk of earning a failing grade or tools that are most used or least used in a course.
Integration – Blackboard Learn has a partner network of over 300 third-party content management and other tools, so organizations can integrate it with their existing systems. It also connects with the Blackboard Collaborate virtual classroom tool.
Blackboard is intended for both the academic (K-12 and colleges/universities) and corporate environments. Within the corporate environment, Blackboard is targeted to all company sizes and industries.
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Northern Illinois University
- Tulane University
- Chat: This function allows those students who are online to chat in real-time with other students in their class section.
- Discussions: This feature allows students and professors to create a discussion thread and reply to ones already created.
- Mail: Blackboard mail allows students and teachers to send mail to one another. This feature supports mass emailing to students in a course.
- Course content: This feature allows teachers to post articles, assignments, videos, etc.
- Calendar: Teachers can use this function to post due dates for assignments and tests.
- Learning modules: This feature is often used for strictly online classes. It allows professors to post different lessons for students to access.
- Activity Stream: It shows all the activity that about the course, including the recent uploading of the assignment or notes from the teacher, the assignment has left or grade. It like a history timeline of the changes.
- Assessments: This tab allows teachers to post quizzes and exams and allows students to access them via the internet
- Assignments: These features allow assignments to be posted and students to submit assignments online. It also shows the due date of the assignment.
How to Install the Blackboard app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the NoxPlayer emulator.
- Complete the installation of the emulator on your PC, just follow the instructions given in the Installation Wizard.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen.
- You will be asked to Log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the TiviMate IPTV Player and click on the install button.
You can use the app on your smartphone as well, just follow this LINK.