You may have a lot on your mind if you or someone you love has been involved in a car collision, and the thought of filing a personal injury claim may seem like it would only add more stress to an already stressful situation. But it’s important to find the right car crash attorney right away before you accept any offers from an insurance agent. Also, if you are from California don’t mist to have a look at California Motorcycle Accident Lawyer.
Insurance companies are in business to make money, and they do this by paying out as little as possible in claims. Your personal injury attorney will help you get a fair settlement that will cover the cost of your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and more.
Who Is Responsible for the Accident?
You know who caused your traffic accident, but in order to have a legitimate claim for financial reimbursement, it will be necessary to prove that another party was careless or negligent. A number of factors can be used to indicate if another party failed to uphold their duty of care, including:
- Drivers who are fatigued. Fatigued driving has been compared to driving drunk in recent years, because it is a serious form of impairment. A motor vehicle in the hands of a fatigued driver can become a lethal weapon.
- Drivers who become distracted. Distracted driving can be as simple as changing the radio station or taking your eyes off the road to look at a sign. Many people don’t realize that this small distraction can alter your life… or end the life of another. Eating, drinking, grooming, having conversations, talking on your cell phone, and texting can all lead to collisions.
- Drivers who don’t follow the courtesy rules or laws of the road. Changing lanes without signaling, speeding, cutting off other drivers, and tailgating are all negligent actions that can, and often do, lead to serious accidents resulting in injury and death.
- Drivers who go too fast. A driver doesn’t have to exceed the speed limit to be held accountable for a fatal crash. He or she only has to drive at a speed unsafe for the traffic and weather conditions.
- Drivers who are drunk. Motorists who operate vehicles under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs are at higher risk of causing a fatal crash.
- Drivers who are reckless. Many fatal collisions happen at intersections after drivers fail to obey traffic control devices, such as red lights and stop signs.
- Third-party negligence. Hazardous road conditions and defective car parts are two ways in which third parties are often found responsible for the conditions leading to a collision. Like drivers, they should be held accountable for negligence.
To support your claim, it is crucial to gather as much evidence as possible. An experienced traffic accident lawyer can be an invaluable asset during this process. We work closely with forensic investigators, accident recreationists, and other experts in the field in order to build a strong case against the negligent party. If you are from Illinois have a look at Chicago Car Accident Lawyer Near You
The Value of a Car Accident Claim in Arizona
Ultimately, the goal of a personal injury claim is to provide the injured victim with sufficient financial support to cover the resulting losses from an accident. There are a few good and experienced lawyers for your help have a look at the Car Accident Lawyer NY. Unfortunately, many traffic collisions have tragic and long-lasting consequences. For example, a serious crash can leave survivors with serious injuries, such as whiplash, brain damage, the loss of a limb, or paralysis that will have a dramatic effect on their quality of life. If another party is responsible for such damages, it is only fair that they are held accountable.
Types of damages that you can ask for include:
- Medical Expenses: Past, current, and/or future medical treatment, surgery, assistive devices, or therapy.
- Income: Lost current and/or future wages, loss of earning ability.
- Pain and Suffering: Physical pain and discomfort, emotional or psychological anguish.
- Loss of Joy of Life
- Wrongful Death
What should I do immediately after an accident in Phoenix?
Seek medical care first and foremost. Even if you feel generally intact and able to walk away, soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash, can worsen significantly in the hours and days ahead. You may also be in shock, which can briefly mask the pain of a grave injury. For the people of Florida we gathered data about a list of Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers
If you are able, however, try to collect all the information you can from people at the scene, including other drivers, passengers, and eyewitnesses. The data you collect should include insurance policies, driver’s license numbers, and the vehicle makes and models.
Taking photographs of the scene can help tremendously as well, as can keeping copies of all police reports and medical records.
You can also learn about car accident lawyer moreno valley
If I need to get a rental car after a car accident in Phoenix, who has to pay for it?
The person who causes the crash – through their insurance company – is responsible for paying for a substitute vehicle during the time that the vehicle is being fixed. Or, if it takes a while for the insurance company to do a payoff on a vehicle that is a total loss, the insurer is supposed to supply a rental car during that time period.
If you or anyone you know has been involved in a collision and needs assistance getting a car fixed, replaced, or getting a car rental, please do not hesitate to give our Phoenix injury lawyers a call.
Should I accept the insurance company’s offer?
No. The insurance agent is not your friend. Their goal is to settle your claim for as little as possible. In many cases, insurance agents will attempt to trick you by getting you to say incriminating things about the accident that may hurt your claim.
Your best course of action is to contact The Husband & Wife Law Team and let us do the talking. We know how to deal with pushy insurance company agents, and we will fight to get you the best possible settlement.