Welcome to the topic of injury lawyers in St. Louis, Missouri. If you have been injured due to the negligence of another party, an injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for your losses.
In this context, an injury lawyer is a legal professional who specializes in personal injury cases, such as car accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases. In St. Louis, there are several reputable injury lawyers who can assist you with your case. It is important to choose an experienced and qualified lawyer who can provide you with the best possible legal representation.
How Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You?
A personal injury lawyer can help you in many ways if you have been injured due to the negligence of another party. Here are some of the ways a personal injury lawyer can assist you:
- Provide legal advice: A personal injury lawyer can provide you with legal advice regarding your case. They can explain your rights and options, and help you make informed decisions about your case.
- Investigate your case: A personal injury lawyer can investigate your case to gather evidence and determine who is liable for your injuries. They can review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to your case.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: A personal injury lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses. They can also handle all communication with insurance adjusters, relieving you of this stress.
- File a lawsuit: If necessary, a personal injury lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court. They can also handle all aspects of the litigation process, such as discovery and pretrial motions.
- Help you recover damages: A personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses you have suffered due to your injuries.
Best Injury Lawyers in St. Louis
Here are the best Injury Lawyers in St. Louis, MO, USA:
Holland Injury Law LLC provides legal assistance to clients in St. Louis who have suffered injuries due to the carelessness of others. The firm handles cases involving motor vehicle accidents, trucking accidents, contaminated water from Camp Lejeune, and faulty medical devices or drugs.
Its attorneys strive to obtain the highest possible compensation to cover lost wages, medical costs, and damages to property and life. William K. Holland, the managing partner, is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and the firm has been serving clients in Missouri and Illinois for more than three decades.
Allen Injury Law, LLC is a law firm that provides legal assistance to clients in St. Louis and nearby locations. Its main focus is representing people who have suffered personal injuries due to unsafe premises and car accidents.
The firm also takes on cases of workplace injuries, helping employees obtain compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and disabilities. In addition, it assists families in pursuing justice and compensation for wrongful death cases. Christopher Allen, the firm’s lawyer, has over 20 years of experience in the legal profession.
Brockmeyer Law Offices is a comprehensive law firm that caters to the legal needs of St. Louis residents. The firm represents clients who have been injured in truck and car accidents, as well as motorcycle crashes caused by another party’s negligence.
With over 65 years of collective experience, the attorneys develop legal tactics to seek compensation for medical expenses, pain, lost wages, and emotional distress. Ronald Brockmeyer, one of the lawyers, has been awarded the Top 100 Lawyers award by The National Trial Lawyers annually since 2015.
Bruntrager & Billings P.C., Attorneys at Law, has been offering legal advice and support in St. Louis for over 65 years. The family-run firm represents those who have been injured and seeks just compensation from insurance companies for lost income, medical expenses, and emotional distress.
They specialize in cases such as motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, animal bites, and pedestrian accidents. Daniel Bruntrager, a lawyer at the firm, is a former prosecutor with almost 35 years of experience. He successfully recovered $6 million in compensation for the family of a wrongful death victim.
Burger Law is a law firm that helps individuals and families who have been affected by serious accidents resulting from the negligent or wrongful actions of others. The firm specializes in cases of medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, and nursing home abuse.
Their team works closely with clients on every aspect of their case, including medical needs and insurance issues. The St. Louis-based firm has a team of trial lawyers who work tirelessly to ensure their clients receive the highest possible compensation for their injuries.
Compensable Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Compensable damages in a personal injury lawsuit typically fall into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic Damages: These are damages that have a clear financial value and can be objectively calculated. They include:
- Medical expenses: This includes all past, current, and future medical expenses related to the injury.
- Lost wages: This includes any wages lost as a result of the injury, including the time off work due to medical appointments or recovery.
- Property damage: This includes any property that was damaged as a result of the injury.
- Other out-of-pocket expenses: This includes any other expenses incurred as a result of the injury, such as transportation costs or home care expenses.
- Non-Economic Damages: These are damages that are more subjective in nature and are not easily quantifiable. They include:
- Pain and suffering: This includes the physical and emotional pain and suffering that the injured party experiences as a result of the injury.
- Emotional distress: This includes any mental or emotional suffering that the injured party experiences as a result of the injury, such as depression or anxiety.
- Loss of consortium: This includes the loss of companionship, love, and affection that the injured party experiences as a result of the injury.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: This includes the loss of enjoyment of the injured party’s hobbies, activities, and overall quality of life as a result of the injury.
The compensable damages in a personal injury lawsuit will vary depending on the nature and severity of the injury and the specific circumstances of the case. A personal injury lawyer can help determine the appropriate damages to seek based on the individual circumstances of the case.