Download the JBL Connect app on your PC. If you own a JBL speaker and want to pair it from your PC, worry not follow the steps below to get the app on your Windows and Mac PCs.
What is the JBL Connect PC app?
The JBL Connect for PC app is an innovative app that allows you to connect JBL speakers to volume up, make left and right channels, and interact with you Pulse2 speakers.
Moreover, the connect app shows 8 different animations, with each animation controlling a light theme on the speaker. It allows you to tap, draw or swipe to trigger different lightning effects that can be seen on both app and the speaker.
How to use the JBL Connect app
- Turn on pairing mode for your JBL device
- If your speaker/headphone/soundbar hasn’t been connected to Bluetooth before, it will automatically start up in pairing mode when you power on (you should notice the LED light blinking).
- If you have paired your device previously, you can manually put it in pairing mode by holding down the Bluetooth button for at least 3 seconds, until the LED flashes (JBL speakers typically have a dedicated Bluetooth button.
- For JBL headphones, the Power button usually doubles as the Bluetooth button).
- Find your JBL device on your phone or laptop and pair them
Android. Go to Settings and turn on Bluetooth. In Bluetooth click “Pair new device”. When you see your JBL device come up in the list, tap it and it should be paired with your phone.
Go to Settings and then Bluetooth. Turn on Bluetooth. Look for your JBL device under “OTHER DEVICES” and tap on it to connect.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Select your JBL device from the list, then click Connect. If asked, click Accept.
Open “Bluetooth & other devices” in the System Settings either by clicking on your Bluetooth button in the toolbar and selecting “Show Bluetooth devices”. If the Bluetooth button is hidden, you’ll find it under the upward arrow on the taskbar at the bottom of your display.
When the Add a device window comes up, click “Bluetooth”. Look for your JBL device in the list and tap on it to connect. Alternatively, search for “Bluetooth” in your Windows search box. When the Bluetooth & other devices window comes up, make sure Bluetooth is on then click “Add Bluetooth or other device” and select your device from the list.
- Confirm successful pairing
When you have successfully paired your JBL speakers with JBL Connect Windows for PC app to your phone or laptop, the LED on your JBL device will stop blinking and you should hear an audio confirmation that your device is paired (either a tone or voice confirmation).
Features of JBL Connect Windows app
- “Dashboard” for viewing and changing settings quickly
- Easy “Connection guide” for first-time users
- “Ambient Sound Control” for changing noise cancellation and ambient sound mode settings easily.1
- “Adaptive Sound Control” uses location information to detect your actions and locations you frequent, and automatically switches headphone settings such as how to take in the ambient sound.1 • Direct access to the Help menu for your headphones and app • Additional features, updates, and important news will be notified via notifications (In order to receive notifications, notification settings in your smartphone must be set to ‘on’) • Personalization function1 to enjoy 360 Reality Audio*2 with a special sound field for you
- 1 Limited to compatible devices.
- 2 360 Reality Audio may not be available in all countries and regions.
How to Install the JBL Connect app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks emulator.
- Complete the Installation of the emulator on your PC, just follow the instructions given in the Installation Wizard.
- Open the emulator It might take some time to start initially as it will depend on the speed of your Internet connection.
- Open the PlayStore app and Log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the JBL Connect app and click on the install button.
- Now the app is installed on your PC and you can use it for free.
If you are an Android smartphone user then you can use the JBL Connect app on your device as well.