Download the SmartThings app on your PC. You can connect and control multiple devices quicker and easier. No matter where you are, you can monitor and control smart devices, and home appliances.
What is the SmartThings PC app?
SmartThings Inc. is an American smart home headquartered in Mountain View, California. Founded in 2012, it focuses on the development of eponymous automation software and an associated array of client applications and cloud platforms for smart homes and the consumer Internet of Things. Since August 2014 SmartThings has been a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
SmartThings cites its platform as having 62 million active users, a number it claims increased 70% through 2019 and 2020
What does it offer?
In the SmartThings for PC app, you can make dozens of different rules or “scenes” that make a bunch of smart home things happen together. For example, if you set up a good morning routine, then SmartThings can turn on all your lights, put on a song, and start your coffee maker for you before you’ve even opened your eyes for the day.
SmartThings for Windows app also works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you can do all the same stuff through voice commands. You can have Alexa turn on your TV, dim the lights, and lock your doors—among other things.
For the most part, SmartThings for PC can replace other apps you’d usually have to use to control your smart home devices. But it can’t totally take the place of every app out there. SmartThings is integrated into Home Assistant through the SmartThings Cloud API. The features of this integration include:
Controlling Smart Things devices as Home Assistant entities (see platforms for supported devices and capabilities).
Entities automatically synchronized upon restart of Home Assistant when changed in Smart Things. Support for multiple Smart Things accounts and locations with each represented as an integration instance in Home Assistant. No brokers, bridges, or additional dependencies.
If you want to build a super-smart home system from the ground up, then SmartThings for PC can be your best friend. It ties everything together and lets you control all different devices from one app, whether they’re SmartThings devices or not. The app lets you set up routines that make your life easier and your home smarter.
What is Samsung Hub?
- Your smart home needs a brain, so get started with a SmartThings Hub. It connects wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and makes them work together
- Add smart devices and put your home to work. Choose from a wide range of compatible devices, including lights, speakers, locks, thermostats, sensors, and more
- Use the SmartThings app or Amazon Alexa to control your smart home. Teach your house new tricks by telling it what to do when you’re asleep, awake, away, and back home
- Power: In-wall power adapter with about 10 hours of backup power from 4 AA batteries (included) Communication. Protocol: ZigBee, Z-Wave, IP. Range: 50-130 feet Operating Temperature: 41 to 95°F. Compatible Brands: Honeywell, Philips Hue, Kwikset
- Requires an internet-connected Wi-Fi router with an available Ethernet port, plus the free SmartThings app for Android (4.1 or later) or iPhone (iOS 9.0 or later)
- Compatible Brands: Honeywell, Philips Hue, Kwikset
- A more powerful processor and local app engine means faster performance and enabled offline processing
- Hub connects to your Internet router via the included Ethernet cable, the Hub has a ZigBee, Z-Wave, and Bluetooth radio and also supports selected IP-accessible devices
- Replaceable batteries provide backup power that keeps the hub operating locally for about 2 hours if there’s a power outage
- Hub connects all of the different smart devices around your home so you can remotely control your home’s security, energy usage, lighting, and more, Range: More than 50 to 100-feet, Power Source: In-wall AC (100-240V)
How to Install the SmartThings app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Follow the instructions inside the installation wizard to complete the process.
- Look for the PlayStore app on the home screen of the emulator.
- Search for the Smart Things app, and click on the install button.
- You will be asked to log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
You can use the app on your smartphone as well, follow this LINK.